About Me

My photo
Laid back; chilled out.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

THROW THEM 'BOWS

Damn, school's kicking butt already. For the first time ever, I spent most of this past weekend studying. Never done that before. Hopefully I won't have to do it again.

But life's always interesting, what can I say. There's always something going on.

Like, I've had people ask me whether the
ugali I was seemingly enjoying had been oven-baked. I've even heard mukimo referred to as vegetable casserole. But this is what githeri is described as, below?



Granted, it doesn't have any corn - sorry, maize - in it, and it doesn't look very appetizing, but I know githeri when I see it. I lived off that stuff.

Then, last week a customer named Tu called. The receptionist, over the intercom, was like:
"[Boss-man], you have Tu on line 1."
"Is that on line 2 or 1?" Boss-man asked.
*Sigh*

And is this irony?
Yesterday a customer called for me. He was like:
"Hi d. This is Jim from Signs By Tomorrow. I need a sign today."
*Sigh²*

And big ups to Luda for giving back. Not only is he one of the best rappers, in my book, but he's apparently conscientious.

Props too to O for giving that motivational speech to students yesterday, despite all the idiots that didn't want him to. Can the cat do something, anything, that people don't get their panties in a bunch over? Sheesh.

And how's Lil' Wayne gonna have a new joint titled 'Whip It Like a Slave?' He just got knocked a couple of rungs down in my aforementioned book.

Happy 9-9-09. If that means anything.


*******************************

Hip-Hop verse of the week:

"...So control your hormones and keep your draws on
Till I close the door and I'm jumping your bones..."

Ludacris in Area Codes

9 comments:

Farmgal said...

ati marro is texa bbq beans ..hehehe

NiKolaS said...

i shall overnight some githeri for you. i do not much care for it myself though, i always thought it was an object of torture inflicted upon my by my parents who strangely for people who love githeri, no longer eat it.

|d®| said...

>Farmgal: I know right?!

>Nik: Love it but no longer eat it? Now I've heard everything! lol!

I detested it too coz it was the staple all through school - and home, but I rarely encounter it these days so I like it when I get it. Might be the nostalgia.

Digzer said...

Vegetable casserole? That's just wrong!

|d®| said...

Yup. Plus, they don't even ask what it is outright; they be like Is that what I think it is?

Mo said...

Heh, I once saw something that suspiciously looked AND tasted like Ugali... but made from rice.

Yeah, I know, wtf? lol

Anyway, when I'm explaining ugali to my foreign pals and they find it hard to understand, I then tell them it's just like polenta.

|d®| said...

Ug from rice? The humanity, the horror! lol!

Good one - polenta. Should've thought of that; I tell them it's the Kenyan version of cornbread. Not very convincing, I know.

Unknown said...

Cool and funny post!

|d®| said...

Thanks!