About Me

My photo
Laid back; chilled out.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MOORE'S LAW, v2.0

Technology is amazing. Can't even keep up with it these days -it's ridiculous how many new technologies there are out there. Like, I was reading up on the world's first mass-produced fuel-cell car with amazement. Lord knows what they'll have in a few decades, as fast as they're making strides in nanotechnology. Wait till , especially, CERN's gargantuan particle accelerator is up and running.

And, as I discovered the other day, CDs, DVDs and similar media might soon go down the path of the 8-track. Here's why:


That right there is the latest player in the car.

[The one I had prior to this could even read DVDs and stuff but it was cheap: as in unintuitive, unrefined and yes, inexpensive. It damn near drove me insane.]

This one tho is by Kenwood, an intuitive deck that plays MP3, WMA & AAC formats, as well as HD radio. It has 3 pre-outs and a dedicated subwoofer output. Ladies & gentlemen, those 4V pre-outs push out so much juice to the amplifier the bass has to be felt to be believed - sweetness. It's also got a 3.5mm input jack to connect to whatever.


Most importantly tho, it has a USB port that can read virtually any USB device including flash & portable drives, iPods, even a USB Bluetooth adapter.

I'm all about the music tho and that's all I need it for, so I have it hooked up to a portable drive, below. Either that or the flash-drive. Works beautifully. Chances are I might never have to use a CD again, ever.


Now to re-route & hide all those cables; I like 'em neat & tidy. Take that any way you will.


In other news, game 6 of the NBA finals is tonight. The Celtics better bring it this time around. In a perfect world though, I'd rather the Lakers won tonight, only to be crushed in game 7 on Thursday. The victory for the Celtics would be so much sweeter, the defeat so agonizing for the Lakers. Either way, it's bound to be plenty exciting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cds,dvds are on their way out..atleast according to nairobi mathrees...music audio/video is played using ipods!cd changers will become obsolete soon...front loaders are the in thing coz of the ka-auxiliary point.mathree za 23,44 are using this nowadays...not to mention 30inch+ screens kwa nissan minivan!

|d®| said...

Mats using iPods?! 30" screens?! Hot damn!

I think I've been gone too long.