About Me

My photo
Laid back; chilled out.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

GEORGE & WEEZIE.

*groan*
Yes, I'm back from vacation. And it's almost as though I've had to re-learn the job. Sucks.

Mos Def once said:
Life is beautiful. Life is a struggle. Life is a beautiful struggle.
Ain't that the truth. As great as life can sometimes be, it also has a knack for sucking major balls.

I'd imagine tho that if life was easy, it'd be boring. Or crazy. For instance, those idiots that formed organizations like the KKK were probably bored out of their minds and needed some excitement. After all, you can only do so much fishing or squirrel-hunting before the boredom settles in.

But on the flip-side, it would sometimes be nice for life to be trouble-free, if only for an instant. It seems like bad times outnumber the good 5 to 1, kinda like the ratio of maize to beans in institutional githeri. Or it's some sort of convoluted, negative-biased sine-curve. Maybe that's why good times feel so good lately because they're rare.

There's this one dude I know who's got money. I mean, as Weezy would say, this dude has so many chips you'd call him Hewlett-Packard. [Or you could have a bag if you're a snacker] Still, dude's life is so jacked up he wishes it were as uncomplicated as mine. Not to say my life's uncomplicated, but his is on a whole 'nother level. And it's all because he gets into relationships with the wrong women. He married the wrong woman which ended in divorce. He dates the wrong women who end up slashing his tires or covering his truck with latex paint [true story], the same women who be pounding on his door at 3am, cussing him out all the while.

I don't have to be da Vinci to learn from my boy's mistakes, so I'm extremely cautious these days when it comes to messing with the wrong people, which maybe happens 80% of the time, like the aforementioned ratio. That's why I savor that blessed 20% when I'm with the right person. [If there is such a thing]

Wish I could enjoy my much-needed 20%, when I get it, without any complications.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel u on the Mo' Money, Mo' Problems, I've got 99 problems bit...there are one too many songs to detail this dilemma. As per ur friend, i remember the paint incident and boy, that was some major, ish that even Dr. Phil can't begin to handle. U ain't alone...cuz u know my streak...but i look forward to my 15%. (is it even that high?) Best w/ ur 20%

|d®| said...

Wasn't it crazy tho? That truck took $15K to fix. You KNOW that woman was scorned.

Like Kanye say, To whom much is given, much is required. If the 85%/15% were E-Z for you it would be so - and I quote - mediocre, so brush that shoulder off.