About Me

My photo
Laid back; chilled out.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

NEVERTHELESS, ALWAYS THE MORE.

The computer-crash gremlin seems to be striking everywhere lately, and my laptop was its latest victim. Well, like 2 months back. Luckily, I'm rather used to stuff like that happening so I always have duplicates of stuff that's really important. [I once lost all my music, like 10 Gigs worth. Was sick for days] Not that the laptop's not working at all, no. It's just painfully slow, and I'm spoiled by the ΓΌber-fast, graphics-munching computers at work. Of course, all I need to do is reformat the laptop's hard drive and reinstall stuff, but I'm rather uninspired. Besides, I missed having a desktop - so much better, in my opinion, and faster than the typical portable.

So I checked out the computer stores and saw one that caught my eye. Happy, I laughed. Then I checked my bank balance, and cried. With uncharacteristic resolve, I lived on bread and water for a long minute, stacked chips up, then went online to cop it. I even paid for expedited shipping, so impatient was I. Two days max, they said, was how long it would take for me to get it. 2 days later found me looking out the window
every 5 minutes for that FedEx truck.

Of course it didn't arrive that day.

I was livid, disappointed and betrayed all at the same time, feeling emotions akin to being stood up by one's latest obsession. So I went online, tracked the package and they triumphantly claimed it would arrive, on time they said, 2 days later. Figures.

And arrive it did, the aforementioned 2 days later. My enthusiasm was momentarily dampened when I saw they'd packed it in a pink-colored box. They even had pink bubble-wrap cushioning the PC! But then I later learned that pink is their official holiday color. Shoot, when I think of pink I think of.... Nah, let me not go there. Let's just say I don't think of Christmas.

Anyhow, the computer was unscathed, thank God, and so far it runs beautifully. Wait, let me rephrase that: Once I got over the fact that Windows Vista - it being Vista Home Premium notwithstanding - is a piece of sh*t, and further realizing that the computer was even heroic managing to run that sorry excuse for an Operating System, I was fine. Then, few of my usual programs and/or devices can run off it, and that right there made me come dangerously close to erasing it all and installing my beloved XP Pro instead, or even 2000 Pro, my all-time favorite .

Hmmm, maybe I should've considered a Mac. Too late now. Like anything, I guess, all you have to do is get used to it [like I have a choice] and it's not too bad after all.

On another note, here's another clip, below, of yours truly testing the aforementioned camera at night. This was that same day actually. I've never understood why I'm always so hype when I leave work. You'll also see I'm quite the.... what is it called - motormouth? I respond quite a bit to music, and that might be the understatement of the year.

Alright, enough chitchat. Now, off to..... Dang, I ain't got sh*t to do! Oh well, whatever.

Hmmm, maybe it's time to blow the dust off the little black book. Or is it the little black phone in 21st-century lingo?


No comments: