About Me

My photo
Laid back; chilled out.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

FLIP

I’ve slowly been flipping through all the events from this year, a stroll down memory lane, if you will, and I have to admit that this has been one of the strangest, if not THE strangest, year that I’ve ever had the privilege of experiencing. It started off with a bang and hasn’t let up since. So many bad things have happened but on the flipside, so much good has happened too. I’m not exactly at liberty to break it all down here on Blogosphere and put my business on the street, so to speak, but 08 has been very tumultuous for me, and consequently very exciting.

In other news:

- President Bush has pretty good reflexes. How he dodged the reporter’s first shoe is amazing, and he didn’t even blink when the second blew by him. The Secret Service people were comparatively slow; it seemed like 5 whole seconds elapsed before they took the reporter down.

- Nissan’s GTR is Motor Trend’s Car of the Year, and Mitsu’s Evo X is the winner of Sport Compact Car’s USCC. [Ultimate Street Car Challenge] If you’re not familiar with any of these cars, you either don’t care too much about cars [which is just fine] or the aliens just brought you back after years of probing. I hope it’s the former.

- Ever watched the movie The Day After Tomorrow? Holy sh*t, it might have some truth to it, about some form of climate shift brought on by rising atmospheric temps, greenhouse gasses, etcetera. Not only has it been uncharacteristically frigid these days, but it’s freaking snowing hard in Vegas, in the desert!

- T.I.’s album is on fire. Please cop that, legally or not. It’ll be worth it.

- Direct translated phrase of the week: “Stop sounding plates.”

- Our company’s Xmas party is on tonight. Great – I get to see the same people tonight that I see all freaking day long. O joy. I hope someone gets drunk and silly, if only to make things interesting.

Have a blessed weekend. Do something good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting phrase of the week....

|d®| said...

If only I could explain its context!