About Me

My photo
Laid back; chilled out.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

CONVOLUTED

Sometimes I think I'm certifiable. I feel like I'm bursting at the seams, mentally that is. I can't seem to shut my mind down, even in sleep. If anything, I almost feel like I'm most active when I'm asleep, coz I sometimes wake up exhausted.

[Speaking of certifiable, this dude definitely is. For all you automotive fiends - I'm looking at you, Nik - this is a must-see.]

But back to the lecture at hand, as Snoop would say.

See, I dream almost every night. Nothing scary though, thank God. Today's one of the rare instances when I can actually remember what I dreamed about. Some of it anyway.


I was extremely tired last night by the time I went to bed. Before I slipped into oblivion I glanced at the clock: 11:27. Then I was out soon after.

In the dream, I was in a classroom setting. For whatever reason, it felt like high school. Thing is though, this was no ordinary class - the teacher was none other than Gucci Mane. For the record, I don't like his music at all and I think he's a blithering idiot, so it was a heck of a surprise when I saw him standing there. He then asked us all to stand up. I thought we were going to recite the Anthem or something, but first he glanced over at the far corner of the classroom and nodded. I followed his gaze and lo and behold, DJ Sixth Sense was there with his turntables! The DJ hit the switches and 'So Icy' came on, and Gucci went on to perform the entire cut - in class!

Then, soon after, I was driving. I arrived at my destination, a facility of some sort. I was let in - I had a pass dangling on my neck, apparently - and ushered into a conference room. There were a dozen or so other people there, and the minute I stepped in the conference started. The subject was Perpetual Motion. [No surprise there, coz I've been obsessed with the subject lately] But the head geek who was doing most of the talking - and in a monotone, no less - was so boring that I started dozing off and eventually fell asleep.

I was awakened by a thump. The hippos - as I've dubbed them - in the apartment upstairs must've been walking around. I glanced over at the clock: it was 12.17am What! All that stuff had happened in a mere 45 minutes?! It felt at least 4 hours worth of stuff!

And then I fell back asleep and dreamed some more, only I don't remember what about. I think it involved a squirrel, more driving, a Salvador Dali painting and a green laser. Oh well, whatever.

Theme joint: Gorilla Zoe's Lost

6 comments:

3CB said...

... and a green laser?

|d®| said...

Oh yeah, green lasers are the rage!

NiKolaS said...

*dead* and i thought my dreams were strange. some of mine take about a minute but cover about 2 hours worth of stuff, i amaze myself, really i do.

NiKolaS said...

That kafellow is definitely crazy. thanks for the link. i am ashamed at the state of my tyres, been pushing them through a few enthusiastic power slides and they are worse for wear. a tad too fuzzy to be considered normal. heh.

|d®| said...

Dude, you've no idea how much I wish I could light all 4 wheels up. Thank God every day that you can do it with the Subie, for real, coz I've been wanting to do that for years!

And aren't dreams just freaking annoying - and surreal? I've contemplated setting up a motion-camera to record my nightly episodes, but I don't want to do it. What if I'm doing something really weird? I'd never sleep in the same room again!

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions